Friday, February 5, 2016

Animal Testing & Make Up

Testing makeup on animals was something that I never had an opinion on. For some reason I never thought of researching what companies test on animals and to what extent. Recently, my opinions have changed and I now feel disgusted at the amount of large companies who still test on animals.

I was pleasantly surprised at some of the brands that are animal cruelty free (look at the picture for a full list). There are some really great brands who sell quality products like too faced, tarte, urban decay, Anastasia, Bare minerals, Hourglass and NARS. These are all amazing brands (but somewhat expensive). If you are looking for cheaper brands than elf and NYX are two great brands that I recommend.


I realised that I do not own anything from these mentioned brands (except one make up brush from ELF and the naked palette from Urban Decay). I am so disappointed in myself that the few make up brands that I do own are all brands that test on animals in one way or another. The most important thing out of this post to remember is: make up is not a necessity. It is something that has been created by society and in all honesty, the world wouldn't end without it. For this reason, it makes me sick that people can hurt, torture and kill innocent animals for something so superficial.

- Nicole Marie Ranz

No comments:

Post a Comment