Thursday, February 4, 2016

Top 10: Teen Drama TV Shows

The Vampire Diaries


Although this show does revolve around supernatural elements, it still involves the innocence of teenagers in high school. And, the first few seasons have been done VERY well. The show displays the ups and downs of young love while still thrilling the audience with an encapsulating storyline. Definitely one to add to your list of 'teen' shows.

Gossip Girl


To me, Gossip Girl screams 'drama' and is one of the legendary must-watch shows of all time. I guarantee you will be drawn into the lives of Manhattans elite and never want to leave. I mean, who doesn't want to live the life of rich and popular Serena Van Der Woodsen?



One Tree Hill


I have done a whole separate post on this show because it is just that good so I am going to leave this description short and sweet. One Tree Hill is one of my all time favourite shows. Now you may be thinking that you've seen the first few episodes and it is not that good BUT I urge you to watch on because then you get 9 amazing seasons. You can read my separate post on the show here.

The O.C.


The O.C. follows the lives of the rich and privileged living in Orange County, California. The Cohen family take in a troubled boy from out of town named Ryan. The evolvement of Ryan joining the Cohen family is truly beautiful as well as the growing brotherly bond he forms with Seth. And I must say, everyone could use a Seth Cohen in their lives.

Pretty Little Liars


I'm sure everyone has seen or at least hear of this massive show. Pretty Little Liars is the story of 4 girls who, after their best friend goes missing, find themselves being harassed by 'A'. Although I loved the first season, it is probably the most slow season of the show. After season 1 things start to pick up, the crimes get bigger and bigger and of course, the lies do too. If you've never seen the show purely because of its insane popularity then I urge you to bite the bullet and watch it already! I promise you won't regret it.

90210


Now I'm sure the original 90210 is equally as amazing but I'm talking about the newer version. This show is slightly similar to the O.C. in that it follows rich characters living in California. However, the shows couldn't be more different yet equally as enjoyable to watch. One thing that I absolutely love about this show is the friendships and ongoing relationships of the characters. One of my favourite couples ever, Liam and Annie, come from this show. This show is literally the definition of teen drama.

Dawson's Creek


Another classic and must-watch show. You will no doubt get hooked to the endless drama and love triangles of the teen characters (who talk like well educated 25 year old adults). I remember watching the first season so quickly because it was that addicting. So make sure you clear your calendar before you begin this series, I guarantee you will be on the couch all day!

The Secret Circle


I've talked about this show in my 'Top 10 TV Shows that should never have been cancelled' post as it was not long enough for my liking. Despite it's quick ending and short lifespan, it is definitely worth having a watch. The show is about a group of teenage witches whose secret circle is complete when Cassie moves to town after the death of her mother. Yes, the show is a bit supernatural but it also contains everything I love about teen dramas. For someone who loves a combination of supernatural and high school drama, this show is perfect for you!

Privileged


This wonderful show was very short lived (despite not making it onto my list of shows that shouldn't have been cancelled). Privileged is about two rich teenagers who hire a tutor to help them raise their grades. What I love about this show is the character development and growth. And if that doesn't make you want to watch the show then Lucy Hale will.

Teen Wolf


Now although this may not be considered a 'teen drama', I would still class it in the 'teen' category thus landing a position in my top 10. Teen Wolf has everything you ever want in a TV show - mystery, romance, action, crime, drama... the list goes on. The unique characters and storylines never cease to keep my on the edge of my seat. This is definitely one to binge watch.

- Nicole Marie Ranz

No comments:

Post a Comment