Monday, March 21, 2016

Once When I Was Little


"I could dream more then. I could believe more then that the world could only get better"

When you are little you can believe whatever you want. No one has clouded your thoughts with the 'reality' or 'normality' of life. I think that this is when we are completely ourselves. I think it's sad that we believe that our dreams could come true only when we are young. If only we could grow up with belief in those dreams then maybe the world would be a different, magical place.

"We could build a rocket, fly to the moon. Leave Tuesday morning, be back for noon. And there wasn't nothing, nothing that we couldn't do" 

James Morrison portrays this so beautifully in his song 'Once When I Was Little'. If you haven't heard this song have a listen, hopefully it will bring you back to your childhood dreams like it did for me. And if you are young and still believe in your dreams, then hold onto that for as long as you can because truth is, we all grow up too fast.

- Nicole Marie Ranz

No comments:

Post a Comment